Honey is nectar, eaten by a bee and then regurgitated… Although bees’ vomit might not sound very sexy, here are five reasons why honey is great for you and will, in fact, help you get healthier:
- Honey contains a LOT of healthy stuff – vitamins (such as B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid), minerals (including calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc) and amino acids.
- Honey helps boost your immune system – high-quality honey is rich in antioxidants, organic acids and phenolic compounds such as flavonoids. According to studies (Google the interesting Khalid and Sulaiman journal articles!) honey reduces the risk of heart attacks and some types of cancer.
- Honey also has a positive effect on cholesterol levels. It leads to modest reductions in total and “bad” LDL cholesterol while raising “good” HDL cholesterol.
- It is the fountain of youth you have been looking for! Honey’s natural antioxidant and anti-microbial properties support the skin’s ability to rejuvenate, leaving it feeling silky soft and supple. It is thus not surprising that there are numerous skincare products containing honey, such as hand lotions, facial scrubs and moisturisers
- It’s delicious. They say that you are what you eat, so let’s skip that over-processed, factory-made sugar and artificial sweeteners and opt for pure awesomeness. You deserve it.
What is your favourite way to use honey? Let us know in the comments!
If you want more posts like this, please LIKE and SHARE this post.
May you live long and get Healthier Every Day! <3